Who are Flash Pack?
Flash Pack creates boutique group adventures for solo travellers aged 30-49.
We launched in 2014 to disrupt outdated clichés associated with group tours and empower a new generation of bold, energetic solo travellers in their 30s and 40s. This untapped demographic had not only been underserved by the travel industry, but misunderstood.
We quickly transformed into a high-growth, mid-stage start-up connecting Flashpackers in over 15 global markets. Customers who travelled with us LOVED it – and we grew really fast as a result. Then Covid hit the travel industry. The last 18 months have been a journey but we’re back with the support of fantastic venture capitalists, and have massive plans for global expansion in 2022 and beyond.
Now, our mission is to create one million friendships through the power of group adventure. To reignite human connection and bring like-minded solo travellers in their 30s and 40s back together, on luxurious, authentic adventures, packed with hard-to-do-by-yourself experiences, that create lasting friendships. In fact, 80% of Flashpackers already stay in touch. And over 60% now come from outside the UK, bringing with it the potential for sustainable but rapid growth.
International demand for solo travel is starting to boom once again – and Flash Pack is here to lead the charge of a growing global movement. To fulfill this mission, we’re expanding our team with some of the best talent around. That’s where you come in.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a Video Editor to join our fast-growing marketing team to own all aspects of our video production. As we continue to explore new platforms and video styles, we want to ensure we commit to having the best in-house editor to execute world-class video to help us achieve our targets.
You’ll be mainly responsible for video editing across all of our organic platforms and channels, including Instagram REELS, Facebook, YouTube and TikTok, as well as creating thumb-stopping paid adverts for our paid channels.
As part of the founding team you’ll need to be happy getting your hands dirty, working across both paid and organic channels in the marketing team, as well as concepting video ideas on your own terms that align with the content strategy.
Reporting into the Head of Content, you’ll be a key part of the content team, helping create premium video content for Flash Pack’s marketing and ensuring we hit our ambitious growth targets across all channels.
What you’ll do:
Create long form and short form content across all relevant social channels, including Instagram REELS, TikTok and YouTube – repurposing content to maximise performance for each
Work to a brief and an outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or moodboard
Create rough and final cuts
Work closely with the content and creative team to produce world-class creative, and provide actionable insights for them to iterate from – from production to post-production process
Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximise efficiency
Understand Flash Pack’s brand and style, and implement seamlessly through music choice, clip selection and colour grading, dependent on platform editing for
Input music, dialogues, colour, SFX, graphics and effects seamlessly into projects
Build an experiential culture in to the marketing team
The ideal candidate:
Minimum of +3 years experience within digital marketing teams or agency
Highly experienced in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and rest of Adobe suite
Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
Strong technical expertise
Ability to multitask and work toward several milestones on various projects simultaneously
Experience editing various video projects and inserting sound effects, music and transitions
Proficient in creating concept boards and other visual representations of planned edits for video projects
Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation
Ability to collaborate well with other creative professionals to supply team with premium finalised products
Creative experience in film-making and videography
Write shooting scripts, shot lists and moodboards for in-house or external shoots
Then join our mission to create one million friendships through group adventure – and a friendly and energetic global team on the cusp of worldwide expansion.
- The salary range for this role is between £38,000 - £43,000 depending on experience
- We also offer stock options after your first year with the company so your total compensation will be considerably more depending on the package you accept
- We have trailblazer total pay transparency and ask you to choose your total compensation plan by balancing salary and options to suit your personal financial goals
- The team: We have a talented content marketing team made up of a Social Media Lead, Editor of SOLO (our online magazine), a Marketing Executive and a bunch of agencies, content creators and contractors, as well as a Director of Performance Marketing who is actively growing the team
- Location: We call our way of working ‘remote-flexible’. You can work from anywhere in the UK as long as you are happy to come to London every 4-6 weeks or so. If you enjoy more regular face to face interaction, living close to London would be advantageous
- Our culture: We revolve around high performance, high conviction and humility. We value teamwork over grandiosity, great questions over corporate euphemisms and autonomy over conformity
- We care deeply about surrounding ourselves with ambitious, exceptional but humble people and believe that our culture is our greatest advantage against our competitors as well as thriving as the industry changes
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll get 25 days annual leave plus an extra day off on your birthday. That’s 34 days in total including bank holidays.
- The opportunity to travel and experience a Flash Pack trip If you like to travel, we’re pretty good at that. We will support you to live and work abroad for 1 mont
- Generous Maternity leave - up to 16 weeks full pay Generous Paternity leave - up to 4 weeks
- A diverse and inclusive team, with people from all walks of life
- Up to 5% matched pension contribution
- Quarterly company-wide socials in London, and regular spontaneous work events
- Stock options that mean something
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re led by a BAME, female CEO and building a diverse and inclusive team is incredibly important to us.
As we rebuild Flash Pack post-pandemic we’ll be focused on promoting self-education through our anti-racism and anti-sexism reading list and building diversity and inclusion into the company hiring, performance and progression framework.
If you would like to talk to us about these efforts, or have suggestions for how we can do better, we would love to hear from you.
Flash Pack is proud to be an equal opportunities employer: At Flash Pack we embrace diversity and see it as a key competitive advantage. There is always more we can do but that's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability. We’re a growing team and happy to make any accommodations we can for individual needs. If you have an additional accessibility or other requirement we haven’t considered, we will do our best to adapt and make sure your needs are met.
Flash Pack GDPR Compliance: Please take two minutes to read our Flash Pack Privacy Notice for Recruitment and learn how we will process your data.